Ok, let’s face it. I’m one of those people who smiles a lot. And I mean, A LOT! And it’s not because I’m cuckoo. I’ve always been pretty optimistic, in fact my mom says I was born with a little smile on my little face.
I have a ton of reasons to smile, I’m alive for one. I may find myself smiling simply because I feel good, because I see a beautiful blue sky, a baby, another smiler (that’s another human being wearing a smile), a flower, could be anything, you get the drift.
The thing is, living in NYC you never know the reaction you learn to be okay with that. Your smile, your joy comes from within…
I’ve always heard a “smile is the second best thing you can do with your lips.” I’ll let you use your imagination to figure out your first best thing!
Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.– Thich Nhat Hanh
And although he doesn’t say much about dancing, there’s much truth to his quote! Notice how often you just feel better when someone smiles and says hello to you.
Check out some of these scientifically proven reasons for SMILING… and dancing!
1. They’re both FREE, contagious, and help to relieve stress
2. Smiling can lengthen your life span – it relaxes your body, lowers your heart rate and even your blood pressure
3. Smiling makes you look more attractive or magnetic to others
4. The party on your lips and your hips create a wonderful natural cocktail of endorphins, serotonin, and dopamine
5. Endorphins are a natural pain killer
6. Serotonin is a natural anti-depressant
7. Dopamine makes you feel like you’ve just won the lottery
8. Endorphins, serotonin, and dopamine all help you relax, feel good, and support your nervous system, and in turn your immune system
9. A smile is a proven trick for helping you feel better, and for others too
10. People can’t help but smile back, it’s a biological response… and maybe dance a bit too
As they say on NYC subways. . .
Smile, it won’t mess up your hair!
The dancing might, but who cares, right?